The Academic Council of the Kazakh Engineering and Technology University is an elected collegial body. The activities of the Academic Council of the University are based on the principles of publicity and collective discussion of issues within its competence. The term of office of the Academic Council is 3 years and consists of an odd number of members.
In its activities, the Academic Council is guided by the Legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Model Rules of the Academic Council of a higher educational institution, the Charter of KazETU and these regulations.
The Academic Council is headed by the rector of the university. The staff of the Academic Council is approved by order of the rector.
The competence of the Academic Council includes
Meetings of the Scientific Council are held once a month in accordance with the approved work plan.
To organize the preparation of the issues discussed at the Academic Council, monitor the implementation of decisions made, summarize experience and develop proposals for improving the forms and methods of work of the council, an academic secretary is appointed from among its members by order of the rector.
Responsibility for the timely and high-quality preparation of materials for the meetings of the Scientific Council and for the administration of the Scientific Council lies with the Scientific Secretary.
To prepare the issues included in the agenda of the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Kazakh Engineering and Technology University (hereinafter - the Scientific Council) is necessary no later than 3 days; present to the scientific secretary of the Academic Council of the University:
About the Academic Council of KazETU
1.1 These Regulations establish the structure, functions, field of activity and organization of work of the Scientific Council of the Kazakhstan Engineering and Technology University (hereinafter referred to as the University) and is developed in accordance with the order of the acting Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated November 22, 2007 N 574 “Typical Rules for the Activities of the Academic Council of a Higher Educational Institution and the Procedure for its Election”.
1.2 The Academic Council is a form of collegial management of a higher educational institution.
1.3 In its activities, the Scientific Council is guided by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan, these regulations, as well as the charter of the University. The activities of the Academic Council are based on the openness of a collective discussion of issues within its competence.
2.1. The Academic Council includes the rector, vice-rector, and also, by decision of the general meeting of the University, deans of faculties, representatives of the faculty, student and public organizations of the University.
2.2 The composition of the Academic Council is elected for a period of 3 years and consists of an odd number of members. As necessary, by decision of the general meeting, and in some cases by decision of the Academic Council (see clause 4.6), individual changes may be made to its composition.
2.3 The Chairman of the Academic Council (hereinafter referred to as the Chairman) is the Rector of the University. The Chairperson shall appoint a Vice-Chairperson who acts as Chairperson during his absence. The Chairman organizes the work of the Academic Council and ensures its activities in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and these Regulations.
2.4 Other members of the Academic Council are elected at a general meeting of the University by secret ballot.
2.5 The members of the Academic Council may also be elected, upon the recommendation of the administration, large and highly qualified specialists who do not work at the University, but who have made a serious contribution to the development of the University and a specific field of knowledge at the international or republican level. 2.6 The Scientific Secretary is elected by the Scientific Council and is responsible for the administration of the Scientific Council.
2.7 The staff of the Academic Council is announced by order of the rector.
2.8. Changes in the composition of the Academic Council of the University in the event of the retirement of a previously elected representative or his recall is carried out on the same principles as necessary and announced by order of the rector. Early elections of the Academic Council of the University are held at the request of at least half of its members.
3.1 The objectives of the Academic Council are:
- creating the necessary conditions for students, faculty of the University with a view to the successful implementation of professional training programs;
- providing financial support, strengthening the material and technical base of the University;
- Promoting the further development of the University.
3.2. The competence of the Academic Council includes discussion, making proposals or decisions regarding the functions and activities presented below.
1) Submitting proposals to the collegial governing bodies of the University on the following issues:
- about changing the structure of the University;
- on amending and supplementing the University Charter;
- on the reorganization and (or) termination of the University;
- on the creation, reorganization, and liquidation of the educational and scientific units of the University (laboratories, departments, faculties, institutes and others);
- about the concept of university development;
- on all fundamental issues of the organization of educational, research and economic activities of the university.
2) Hearing the annual reports of the rector, vice-rectors, heads of structural units on the forms and methods of conducting educational, research, educational, financial, economic, informational and international activities, including hearing reports:
- Chairman of the Educational and Methodological Council of the University on the work done for the reporting period;
- about the state and improvement of educational work among students;
- on the activities of units;
- on improving the educational process;
- on the results of basic and applied research;
- On the implementation of the objectives of the development strategy of scientific and educational activities of the University and on the priority research areas of the University
- Admission committee for the contingent of applicants and applicants.
3) Consideration and recommendation for the publication of textbooks, teaching aids and teaching materials.
4) Making decisions on transferring students from a paid department to an educational grant.
5) Consideration of the activities of the University Dissertation Council, approval of topics and supervisors (consultants) of undergraduates and doctoral students in dissertation research.
6) Discussion of the results of financial and economic activities and their presentation to the collegial governing bodies of the University on the following issues:
- on the organization of control over the financial and economic activities of the University;
- to determine the procedure for using budgetary and extra-budgetary funds, as well as directions for reinvesting the income received by the University by providing paid educational services and selling manufactured products.
- on the distribution of educational discounts and grants
7) Approval and award of scientists and honorary titles, scholarships and awards, including:
- acceptance of applications for conferring the academic ranks of professors (associate professors) and associate professors (associate professors);
- nomination of University employees for awards and scholarships, for election to full members, and corresponding members of the Academy of Sciences and others;
- Representation of university employees, creative teams for government awards and honorary titles.
8) Consideration of other issues of the current activities of the University, requiring a collegial decision.
4.1 Meetings of the Academic Council are held at least once a month (except for the summer vacation period) in accordance with the approved Academic Council Work Plan and the University Action Plan for the corresponding academic year. Representatives of state bodies, public organizations, employees of relevant services and departments, departments and others may be invited to meetings of the Academic Council.
4.2 Meetings of the Academic Council are competent if they are attended by at least 2/3 of its members. A member of the Scientific Council must inform the Chairperson in advance of the impossibility of attending the meeting for valid reasons.
4.3 Not later than 3 days before the meeting, the Scientific Secretary shall be given a report and a draft decision on the issue under discussion, which may be previously discussed with the Chairman.
4.4 Decisions are considered adopted if the majority of the members of the Academic Council present at the meeting have voted for them (unless otherwise provided). With an equal number of votes, the decision is taken, for which the Chairman of the Scientific Council voted.
4.5 Decisions of the Academic Council are drawn up in a protocol signed by the Chairman and the Scientific Secretary. The decisions made are brought to the attention of staff and students by publishing on the University’s website, if necessary, announced by order of the Rector and may be covered in the media. The Chairman organizes a systematic review of the implementation of the decisions of the Scientific Council and informs the members of the Scientific Council on the implementation of decisions made at the next meeting of the Scientific Council.
4.6. The decision of the Academic Council by secret ballot shall be carried out on the following issues:
- when announcing early elections of the Academic Council of the University;
- when the composition of the academic council changes due to the retirement of some of its members, dismissal, recall, and others), upon the recommendation of the Chairman, at least once in the academic year and in the amount of at least 20% of the council members.
- in the election of the Scientific Secretary;
- when resolving issues related to personal appointment, nomination or presentation to academic ranks;
- other issues stipulated by the relevant provisions and other regulatory documents or at the proposal of the Chairman.
4.7 To conduct a secret ballot and calculate its results, the Scientific Council shall openly vote on the election committee from among the members of the Scientific Council. The Counting Commission shall elect a chairman from its members (Minutes No. 1). A member of the Academic Council may not be included in the composition of the counting commission if his candidacy is running. Protocol No. 1 and Protocol No. 2 on the results of secret ballot are approved by open vote.